Tuesday 18 October 2016

Story-Telling Unit: Idea Development

IDEA DEVELOPMENT
(Monday 17th October)

After still struggling to formulate a solid story, Simon and I discussed several different ideas and directions my story could follow in my tutorial:

This has inspired me to rethink my story, after seemingly looking too far into making it "clever" and ultimately reaching a Dead End (pun not intended). Preparing to write my script this week for our tutorials on Monday, I have come up with a rough storyline:
  • Two strangers (male and female) meet after discovering a dead body in a car park (possibly a class divide? completely contrasting personalities/lifestyles) attempts to call the police but no signal.
  • The female instantly assumes the male has murdered the unidentified man (stand-off dynamic) and ultimately refuses to get any help as she doesn't want him to run.
  • Knowing that he is in danger of investigation when police arrive, the man suggests that they both run but the female is disgusted (conflict).
  • When blue flashing lights appear on the main road outside, the female goes to guide them in.
  • She returns to see the man escaping, but doesn't go to stop him - leaving him to slip away into the early morning.
I have therefore got rid of the idea of an assassin, and instead left this as a mystery for the audience to think about themselves, but focused more on the conflict between the two personalities of the living characters in the story. However, I have kept the idea of a confined space, as not only does this keep things simple production-wise, but also enhances the idea of a stand-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment