Wednesday 30 November 2016

Story-Telling Unit: Final Cut


FINAL CUT
Wednesday 30th November


My final cut of A Dead End, for the project of The Meeting is finally complete.
From the Second cut, I have added the finishing touches of titles and credits, as well as completing my colour correction and including more sound effects - such as the phone dialing tones, second brick hit and final police sirens.

Narrative-wise, after talking to Mike he suggested that I should really have more of a focus on the body from the beginning. Therefore I have included some more shots of the dead man, such as the close-up seen at the beginning to really resonate with the audience the dark and serious nature of my story. 

Concerning the dialogue scenes between Adam and Eve, I have also sped up the pace of editing slightly, using tools such as the ripple edit, rollover and slip and slide tools to layer audio and visual - creating a much more natural, free-flowing effect. 


My Final Edit Track










Audio issues also had to be solved, as some of my dialogue / sfx were too quiet in comparison to the rest of the scene. This was done through Adobe Audition software, allowing these issues to be solved fairly swiftly and easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment