Wednesday 30 November 2016

Story-Telling Unit: Script Final Draft

SCRIPT FINAL DRAFT
(Wednesday 30th November)

Dialect in Attack the Block (2011)
For the final draft of my script, I have had to massively cut down my words, resulting in losing 2 pages off my total. I also had to lose quite a lot of dialogue to make room for my new ending and an added scene, but this wasn’t too difficult, because when it came down it I could easily see that with my new storyline a lot of old dialogue was no longer necessary.

I have also included a small new scene with an innocent bystander, explaining the unexpected arrival of the police and paramedics to the scene. Also, I have worked on formatting my capitalising important of impactful words in my directions.

Finally, I did some research into accent and dialogue in screenplays, including the final script for Attack the Block (2011). Although this dialect is very different from the one I have tried to portray for Adam, this still helped me examine how they are written for film and TV, assisting me with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment